Why our puppies are happy and healthy.
At Nobility Standard Poodles, we put the puppy’s priority first. That’s why we promise to:
- Ensure that every incoming and outgoing puppy is examined by our staff veterinarian
- Verify that all vaccinations are up to date and give you a paper to take to your vet with what we have done and when.
- Maintain a puppy-friendly environment throughout our facilities-it is just me and my grandkids and a life-long friend who grooms my guys.
- Show love and affection to each puppy every day-and try to teach “down” and “come”.
- Ensure that every one of them is comfortable and clean in “puppy palaces” cleaned twice a day and heated, or cooled.
- Professionally bathe and groom them prior to delivery. A life long friend is a groomer and does an exceptional job on poodles.
- Provide Kongs, rubber toys, horse play balls, and hard bones for play
- Use Nu-Vet Plus . I highly recommend NuVet Plus. More than a million dogs and cats are using NuVet to protect against most ailments (from back yard pesticides, pet food allergies and hormones, toxic formaldehyde in furniture and carpeting, ailments transmitted from dogs parks and the vet’s office, etc. ) while maintaining a beautiful skin and coat. This is not just a vitamin. It is an immune system builder with a precise balance of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and high-potency antioxidants. That is why it works so well through all three stages of a dog’s life. For younger dogs(under two years of age), it strengthens their immune system, while building and strengthening their cardiovascular, seletal and nerve systems. For dogs in their prime (age 2-8) it improves the luster of their skin and coat while protecting them against allergies, skin and coat problems, staining from tears, and digestive problems. For Older dogs(over 8 years old) it helps reduce and eliminate arthritis, tumors, premature aging, cataracts, heart conditions, diabetes and many types of cancer, while extending the life and improving the vitality of many dogs. You can order these directly from the manufacturer, as I have for several years, by calling www.nuvet.com/33947 and using Order Code :33947 or ordering online at
- We feed Purina Proplan Lamb and Rice Adult and Puppy and have for many years. My horses are on Purina Equine feed and have lived to the ripe old ages of 30,28,34,46 and currently have two -aged 7 and 26 munching down Purina happily and healthily.
Another interesting site to help the dog owner be more knowledgeable is the new website AKC has launched. The AKC Canine Health Foundation has launched a new website which is newly designed, www.akccf.org. While the address remains the same, the content is dramatically different from the previous site.
New features include a Canine Health sections that contains descriptions of many canine diseases, information about caring for your dog, including dog training, safety, healthy weight, pet loss and much more, as well as articles that contain detailed information about issues of canine health.
There is also a Success Stories section, which comes directly from research the AKC Canine Health Foundation has funded. This area takes grants funded by the Foundation and puts them into real-world terms, explaining how what could be considered “lofty science” is actually benefiting our dogs today. Additional new features include short biographical profiles of the board and staff, as well as the members of the grants committee and funded investigators. A Heroes for Health Research section where individuals can create their own fundraising pages, and a list of research projects that need participation. The website continues to feature AKC’s Genome Bars podcast series, upcoming events, news releases, and other important information about the AKC Canine Health Foundation.
Every little bit helps !